Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Orientation

My drinking plans for last night were foiled by Nick being sleepy and ill. I spent the night making a cake for no reason, stirring the crock pot, and watching The Best of Mike Myers from SNL. Truth be told, the quiet was nice, but I was worried about him so I didn't make myself a drink and I tucked us both in around midnight.

I spent most of today wondering what I should wear to orientation and coming to terms with the fact that I was going to be stuck in all-black attire again. It makes shopping easier, but I was just getting back into wearing color....

Orientation wasn't as boring as I thought it would be, but I did have to bite my tongue numerous times. It's hard when you really do know all about something and you're trying not to come off as a know-it-all. I met two other new associates: Odessa and Trish. Odessa was startlingly pretty with long eyelashes and a shy demeanor, while boisterous Trish (who borders on audacious) stumbled in 5 minutes late. We toured the Macy's which is much nicer to the one I'm used to and I secretly shopped in my mind. God help my Macy's card.

My counter manager did place her hand on my shoulder and tell me that she was very excited to have me working with her. Honestly, that was the high point of my day. I thought I'd blown the interview with her and I just had the vibe that she didn't like me. Luckily, I've been wrong a lot lately.

Tomorrow morning I have more training. Oh, boy...

...at least my biggest worry right now is whether or not I gave them the right dress size for my lab coat. Once I have a paycheck most of my worries will have vanished.

No comments:

Post a Comment