Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine's Day...Coming Soon

Valentine's Day is almost here...my least favorite day of the year. If I have never gone on a rant about V-Day, then I have never spoken a day in my life.

The fact of the matter is that I have never had a happy V-Day in my life. Every year it is the same old jazz...I'm either not with someone, or I'm with someone that despises Valentine's.

As of now, and as I have been for the past 4 Valentine's, I am with someone who despises Valentine's Day. He absolutely hates the holiday. He swears it is just a "Hallmark holiday" that was made for men to spend mass amounts of money on their broads. You would think that after all these years he would know that it's not gifts that impress me--it's actions.

Just once, I'd like to wake up to him saying "Happy Valentine's Day" and kissing me. It's just that simple. I offered to cook for us and he seems completely disinterested...rambled something off about meat sauce for tonight for himself.

I don't think he'll ever know how much it hurts that he just doesn't care.



So I have the strangest feeling I'll be gifting myself with homemade chocolate covered strawberries and maybe a new dress or something. At the very least, some vodka. *sighs*

No comments:

Post a Comment