Because now that I have a friend in the blogging business (or...something like that), I've decided to take her lead and put up 7 random facts about myself. What better way to introduce myself, right?
Anyway, *drum roll, please*...
1. Even though I have access to brighter colors and heavy makeup galore at Clinique, I am most often seen sporting some version of a Minimalista sort of look. In fact, the eye trio "Totally Neutral" is something I'm most often wearing. Me. TOTALLY NEUTRAL. It makes the real Alyson wanna barf.
2. I love cheese. Heartily. Lustfully. I love cheese more than I love Nick. In fact, the only cheese that I have come in contact with that I do NOT like is bleu cheese. I just can't eat it. I continuously try to eat it thinking it will get better, and yet, I still hate it. Yes, cheese makes me heartless. I'm sure there's something you love as much as cheese, so hush.
3. Half of me really wants to be married with children, while half of me really misses getting drunk at drag shows and dancing with gay boys. I don't know if these things can mesh well, but I suppose one day they'll have to.
4. I love the look of a newly opened lipstick. It's almost hard for me to use new lipstick and I desperately try to retain the true shape of it when putting it on. I DESPISE when I see marred, bitten lipsticks and dulled down points.
5. I make Nick pop my toes on a daily basis. I can pop them myself (using my other toes, no less), but only one or two. He usually gets the job done for all five on each foot.
6. It makes me sad, but I really don't miss Louisiana at all. I was never a Louisiana hater (just an observer of the sad, sad truths), but aside from family and friends, I would be okay without going back for a couple of years. Instead, I will probably be going back for Jazz Fest in May in hopes that Nick and I can chloroform Eddie Vedder and arrange a marriage with him.
7. I truly believe that there is some form of beauty in everyone and I wish that my customers could see that. When you tell me how bad your skin is and how awful you feel about yourself, I seriously take that information home with me and am genuinely saddened for you. Sure, I hate when my forehead flakes off and I have a few blemishes on my cheeks/chin, but never again will I hate my face for its faults. Flaws don't make you un-beautiful!